What is the Difference Between Homeowners Insurance and Home Insurance?
Most insurers offer homeowners insurance, which refers to a specific type of property insurance that covers your house (dwelling), personal property, and includes liability insurance as well.
Kelley Insurance Agency, use Germania for all our home underwriting. Instead of the one-size-fits-all coverage that some carriers have, Germania provides home insurance through our Property Policy, which can be customized through endorsements, or add-ons, to serve a variety of needs. This means you can tailor your policy to resemble traditional homeowners insurance, or build a policy with coverages that homeowners insurance may not typically include.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
With the help of your local Germania agency, Kelley Insurance Agency, you can build a home insurance policy that meets your needs. From a basic named peril policy to an open peril policy, from actual cash value to replacement cost, we can provide the coverage you want and need for your dwelling, roof, other structures, contents, outbuildings and more.
- Perils (Causes of loss) - In insurance terms, a “peril” is an event, like a fire or tornado, that threatens to damage your home or your personal belongings. Germania’s home insurance can be tailored to cover Fire, Windstorm, Hurricane and Hail, Vandalism, Theft, Frozen Plumbing, Water, Lightning, Explosions, Falling Objects, Smoke Damage, and more. Talk to your Germania agent for a full list of policies and peril coverage options.
- Liability Options – Instead of automatically packaging liability coverage with your property insurance, Germania provides a number of customizable liability insurance policies, endorsements, and coverage limits you can purchase with your Home Insurance. Whether you need personal liability, farm liability, or even umbrella liability coverage, we can help protect you and your family from the unexpected.
- Roof Coverage – Germania provides the option to insure your roof with replacement cost coverage or actual cash value throughout the life of your roof. We will not automatically reduce your roof coverage as your roof ages, unlike most competitors.
- Sewer Backup – Germania provides sewer backup coverage up to the total dwelling limit, subject to policy exclusions and conditions, and does not impose a separate coverage limit like other carriers.
- Gun Coverage – For many Texans, firearms are an important part of life. That’s why Germania doesn’t impose a separate sub-limit on firearms, like other carriers. Our policyholders have coverage for loss to their firearms up to the Coverage B - Unscheduled Personal Property (Contents) limit, subject to the deductible.
- Fraud Protection – Identify theft is costly. That’s why we offer optional identity recovery coverage up to $25,000 if your identity is ever stolen.
Texas is big! It’s filled with diverse people, environments, weather, and homes. With so many different ways to live, your insurance needs to be flexible enough to cover the way you live. Kelley Insurance Agency, offers a variety of customizable property and liability insurance products, coverages, and endorsements. Our staff is here to help when you are considering our Homeowner Property Insurance coverages.